Monday, February 25, 2008

How can you get mad when they do this?

Today, Jeremiah and Isaac where playing in the dining room. I could hear them and the sounds let me know what they were up too... a skill I have learned for the sake of sanity. But then I heard the sound of Jeremiah getting into the dishwasher, in the kitchen. I asked him what he was doing. He said that he was getting a cup so he could have a drink of water. He knows how to get water out of the water dispenser-thingy we own, and he does a pretty good job of it. So I said, "Ok, just be careful." Next I heard a little bit of complaining from Isaac, followed by a quick dishwasher opening and closing sound, and finally the sound of water pouring. Oh oh, that is never a good sound, trouble must be brewing. So I put Eden down in the basinette and went to check out the noise, fearing the worst of course.

My boys apparently knew that they would get into trouble if they spilled water on the floor, and Jeremiah also knew that Isaac is not that good at using a cup yet, he is a terrible cluts under the best of conditions. So they came up with a remedy that would keep mommy happy and let them have a little independant drinking... All I could say was, "Thank you for using the towel. Becareful, and make sure you put the cups up when you are done." They are so clever, and I am afraid that they know it too.

+

5 comments:

Tovi said...

Leah, I am glad that you are blogging and I had no idea that your kids were soooo cute. Well, I did have an idea, but it has just been too long since I have seen all of you. I love you and your family! What a great example you are to me!

Unknown said...

That is so like them. And they really are good at getting what they want. Wow, I miss them!

Jordan and Elaine's Family said...

Leah, I just found your blog! It is such a good way to know what is going on in the life of family members that you don't get to see ofter. Your kids are so cute! And, how did you manage to get a girl????? We never figured that one out. :)
You can check out my blog at
jmemandboys.blogspot.com

Rex Vallis said...

Leah - I was glad to run across your blog. My blog is anonymous, but hop on over and see if you can figure out who I am!

Tabitha & family said...

Thanks for this it's cute and now I can catch up with all of you. Maybe I will start my own. The boys for getting so big and eden is so cute. Love ya guys alot xoxoxox