Tuesday, January 25, 2011

late night snowball fight

A few nights ago, James actually got home early from work.  By early, I mean 8:30pm.  The kids were supposed to be in bed at 7:30, but as luck, and a serious of catastrophes, would have it, all 3 kids were still up.
So let me set the scene:  I had just finished cleaning up an overflowing toilet, and a mess consisting of every toy in the house being dumped out, by Eden, in the living room, when the doorbell rings.  I'm thinking to myself, "What now?!"
I open the door, and there's no one there!  It's very dark, and snow is falling in huge clumps.  It's a beautiful, crisp night, but I'm irritated that some kid is playing tricks...
Suddenly, a giant snowball comes flying right at my face!
I manage to get the screen door closed just in time... and there is James-big, guilty grin.
He says, "Where are the kids?"  So I call them and say, "Hurry, get your boots and coats on!"
We must have played for 30 minutes or more, the kids would have kept on playing if we'd let them.  Of course we had to come in and get hot cocoa, and we still had to brush teeth, but now we had to change into dry pajamas too.  So it wasn't until about 10pm that they finally got to bed.  Yes, and it was a school night too.  Oh, well, these kind of experiences are priceless, especially when the kids' time spent with Daddy usually consists of him sleeping in their room at night.














I was very glad that I had the camera charged and out on the counter, instead of put away in some inaccessible place...

3 comments:

Johnsons said...

So glad I checked the blog this morning. What an awesome night! Your kids will remember that forever. We miss you guys so much. We had a guy come over to ask some questions about James. We told the guy we don't like you guys and that you're bad news. : )Okay, just kidding.

Jordan and Elaine's Family said...

That is so cute! I'm sure they will always remember that!

Unknown said...

Wow!!! That would have been fun to be there and enjoy the snow!!! I am so glad you guys did that with your kids. What a great family they are in.