Saturday, March 22, 2008

Moving

We are moving again. I counted... during the time since we've been married (Aug 2003) We have lived at 5 different addresses, so this will be number 6 in less then 5 years. I told James that it is because he and I both have Germanic blood in us... wanderlust.
So I gave my 30 days notice to our current landlords here in military housing, and I am paying my deposit to our new landlords in Logan Utah. James is going on deployment, and when his deployment is complete he will be attending a school for 3 months in Chicago. So we expect to join him there in Chicago when that school is complete.

I will admit that I am sad to be leaving this neighborhood, house and especially the ward here in the Tierrasanta area of San Diego. If anyone is ever planning on coming here to San Diego then I definitely recommend Tierrasanta over anywhere else. The Tierrasanta Ward, we were told, is the most deployed ward in the entire church, nevertheless, they still manage to keep all their programs running, sometimes smoother then other times to be sure, and they truly take care of the members. They don't use the high deployment rate or the high turn over of the membership as an excuse for any thing, instead they treat it like a challenge and an opportunity. I have truly appreciated this and the way my family has been blest here.

The weather hasn't been bad either... we are going to be experiencing winter like everybody else for the next few years...Jeremiah is excited about it, me... not so much...
It will be nice to be back in Logan though. James and I both really love Logan. Moving to Logan back in 1991 in order to attend USU was probably one of the most life affecting things I have ever done, and I Thank my Heavenly Father for sending me there.

I will keep you posted on our new address when we actually get there. For now I have 30 days of packing ahead of me...

2 comments:

Jordan and Elaine's Family said...

When will you be moving to Chicago? Chicago is only four hours from Lansing, so once you are there, we should visit!

Elaine

Rex Vallis said...

How is the packing going? We'll have to get together and compare "zoo animals" when you arrive in the north lands.